Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ah, the college life

Ah yes, the college life. I thought I'd share a piece of my learnings of the life at college. I introduce to you--my lesson in cunning and creative college culinary crafting!

Behold the wonder (wonder that I even consider this food)--I call it a jam-wich! Simply explained, I have no peanut butter, nor spread of that fashion, an excess of wheat tortillas, and a couple of jars of jam. The result is a copious amount of jam spread onto a tortilla, rolled up, and then eaten, much like some uncouth, unknown cousin of the cannoli. Though bearing a nutritional value of nothing, and the probable side effects of a much higher risk of diabetes later down the road, these seem to be an interesting solution to the slightly sticky situation--creative boredom.

On the sweet note of creativity (a note more worthy of mention), there is plenty of time to sit back a sketch a little while here at college. It's fun to get back in the swing of the sketch--now if only I could get back to that sweet spot I had reached with shading a while back. It'll come with time. In the meantime, here's what I bring to enjoy with you.

The two figures here (left and bottom center) are two characters eventually in a short story of brotherhood in a land and time that never existed--but would be interesting, should it have. Their names are fun (for me) because of their translations. Punch them into a translator, and see what you get (I'm hoping you get "big" and "small", but "Big" and "kind" work too. If you don't get that, please let me know. Thank you!).




No comments:

Post a Comment