Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wicked Wet Wednesday

Wicked. it's a New England thing. Wet is an everywhere thing, and awesome in the form of a downpour

So, this past week was nice, full of entertaining adventures and new discoveries.  For starters

Cats like to sit wherever they please, that includes boxes of miscellaneous and insignificant things. Why that is, I don't know, but it was funny to watch him try and maintain his dignity while cramming himself into a junk box. Like watching someone try to be composed and cool while napping--it can't be done. Regardless, he enjoyed his new spot for a couple of minutes,  then the phone ruined everything. He nor I knew the phone was in that box with him until the thing started ringing beneath him. His face went from happiness to horror as he sat there and looked at me. "FIX IT." .The whole ordeal must have be traumatic for him, because I haven't seen him climb into that box again.

Speaking of boxes, they aren't as easy to make as it once seemed to me. Plane the boards, joint, nail, hinge, and varnish. Simple, right? Nope.
It may not look like it, but that's 22" of  shavings from the boards. And this is just a 36"x 16"x 12" box. Three trips with the blue barrel in the foreground, stage left. That took two hours as is, and the heat of the day certainly didn't help anything. 89 degrees in the shades, with 92% humidity--it was like doing everything in a sauna. A miserable, godless, sauna. Actually, I shouldn't complain all that much about it, seeing as the work was light, and mostly just trimming, shaping, and jointing. In all truth, it was a great day.

The best of it was when the thunderstorm hit. Around three in the afternoon the storm rolled in, and man, it was violent and beautiful. I sat back by the screen door and played my guitar, basking in the wonderfulness of the downpour. I can't stress how fantastic that was. Highlight of the week right there. If I could divulge the secret of making personal storms, believe me when I say there would be a storm every third day from me to the world(can't be rainy all the time for you guys). Not much beats a good downpour after a humid day, or a moderate day, or even a nippy day. Actually, a good downpour seasons just about any day--like salt. If you didn't get a storm where you were, I'm sorry.

The best I can give you is the sound of a storm to work with. I hope you enjoy.

Goodnight people. Happy Wednesday.
~Andrew

2 comments:

  1. I think we have the wrong idea when we say "A miserable wet day", they really do so much good, apart from the floods and the damage, and spoiling sport and other outdoor activities; then there are wet pets who want to come in, and drains that get blocked and the damp patch on the wall. Good to read you Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a refreshing post..a good rainstorm does clear the air and perk up us and our furry pals..have you seen 'My Sad Cat' on Twitter..your tale/tail reminded me of that

    ReplyDelete